Monday, July 1, 2019

Mystery Quilt 2019

Now that the final clue has been revealed I can show you the mystery quilt I designed for Washington Stars Quilt Guild. It's been a lot work designing and writing clues for the members to follow. When writing direction you have to, or I have to, remember that everyone has a different skill level when it comes to piecing.  Through the process I've had a lot of members tell me the directions have been easy to follow. This is a good thing!

It started out as a plan in EQ7...


I scanned my fabrics onto my computer.  I love being able to do this. It gives me a much better idea of what my quilt will look like!


This is a two block design put together with no sashing making a secondary design element.  The first block being a star...


The second being a modified snowball block...


All I have left to do is add my borders. I'm thrilled with how this turned out and can't wait to see everyone's versions! 

I'm calling it Steawberry Crush. No reason except it needed a name. LOL!!!






1 comment: