Saturday, January 18, 2020

Drunkard's Path

How old is your oldest UFO? I may have one or two older than this one... LOL!!!

I made this quilt top in 1993! LOL! I thought it was my master piece! This is when I didn't know curves were suppose to be hard.

I got my first long arm in 1999... I was waiting to get good enough before I quilted it! Hahahaha!!! I had grand plans of trapunto and fancy quilting that I now know would never show.... I decided to put it on the frame and let my Quilt Gallery/Butler do the work. I love it!!! Scrap quilts are my 1st love and why I started making quilts!

 Look at all those little calicos... 

 Quilted it with one of my favorite designs... can't think of the name off the top of my head. 

 I love it! Since it's been ageing for so long there had to of been dust in the fibers. I had a horrible allergy reaction while putting on the binding so I washed it. Now I all I have to do is the hand stitch the binding to the back. The batting is Warm & Plush, which is quite thicker than W&N. This is my favorite batting for lap quilts that I'm going to snuggle with while watching tv. 


 The back... trying to use up fabric that I've been "saving"! LOL!!! 


 My goal is to get all these tops quilted that have been waiting for me to get good enough!

3 comments:

  1. I have some ufo's that are older than my children...(and the oldest daughter is almost 38...lol). I'm having a hoot reading your blogposts. I here from Sewing & Quilt Gallery. I love Margaret's work and after reading only a few of your posts I see why your blog is on her reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I enjoy Margaret's work also...

      My goal this year is to get a few of my really old UFO's done! LOL!

      Delete
    2. I just finished quilting 2 tops that I made in the late 1990s. Each was twin-ish size. Since I'm no longer in love with the fabric or patterns, I sent them to the local Veterans Home.

      Delete