Monday, May 18, 2020

Colorwash Quilt

Where did last week go? It seems like I wash busy, busy and the week got away from me....

I finished piecing the quilt top that I share in this post. I'm enchanted with the way the colors move... So I decided to name it Enchanted.

 I was asked by several people about how I was going to join the blocks after I posted about it before... The way the blocks are pieces you end up with zig-zaggy edges that you can see at the bottom of the block in progress below.

What I found worked the best for me is to mark a stitching line on the wrong side of the block using my seam intersections. (does that make any since?) 


Then I simply stitched on the line very carefully so as not to stretch the fabric. This is all on the bias... I also starched the bejesus out of my blocks while putting them together.


Once stitched I trimmed a quarter inching from the seam...

I'm normally not a fan of pressing my seams open but for this quilt top it seemed appropriate. It will be quilted with and Edge to Edge design so I'm not concerned about doing any Stitch in the Ditch.


Points are close enough....  LOL


My helper is never impressed with my work...  LOL!







2 comments:

  1. I named my blog and quilting business Enchanting Quilts, yup your finish is definitely enchanted...........LOVE it! Your fabric looks like stuff I was collecting about 15 years ago when the floral quilts were all the rage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... it's seems we have a lot in common. These fabrics are at least 15 years old! LOL

      Delete