Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Customer quilt...

This last week I did manage to get some quilting done on a customer quilt. It a pattern called Hot Diamonds from Kaffe Fassett . I believe it's in his book Kaleidoscope of Quilts. She used fabrics from Kaffe... which a pretty busy and bright (I love the bright colors!), so I did a simple leaf meander.



The colors look a little washed out in the pix... but believe me they are bright.




It's hard to get a good picture of the quilting since the thread blends in... In some spots it was hard to see where I was going.



I got the idea for this next shot from Shannon. I thought it looked pretty cool so I hope she doesn't mind that I borrowed the idea. It reminds of pix of surfers in the 'pipeline'...



4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great, Kim! I love that whimsical look, and I've got a great collection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics. This could be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of his books and love to look at his quilts although I'm not sure I'd make one -- they're even wilder than my scrap quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt Kim - love the quilting you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, it is hard sometimes to see where we are going when the thread and the material are so closely matched.. Another job well done--thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete