Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tah Da....

I bet you were thinking that I forgot about showing you the finish of this quilt.....  There are some quilts that I just hate to see leave and posting the finish here is like finishing a really good book and you just know that you are going to miss the characters....  That's how I feel about this quilt. 







The sunflower is one of the designs that I will be teaching in my Tools and Templates class....  so much fun to make!


Can't have sunflowers without leaves....




Usually when I see a pieced back I kinda cringe....(they can sag and bag in all the wrong places)  but this one laid flat and smooth.



Threads used on this quilt are all from Superior....  Bottom Line in the bobbin, Brytes and King Tut on top.  Customer supplied the batting, but I think it's Warm & White.  The sunflowers were created using different size circle rulers from Gagdget Girls...

6 comments:

  1. Oh I really like this one! It's been fun watching your progress. Is this the one using a different type of thread?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific, Kim! I love to look at your quilting for inspiration...I get into such a rut sometimes and I just don't "see" what I could do differently...you always make me think!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting. I love the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful! When I grow up (getting a quilting machine..not age..hehe) I want to quilt just like you Sista! :) I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, your quilting on this one is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete