Monday, August 22, 2011

Delivered last week.... Karla's quilt

I guess I haven't had much to report these last couple weeks...  mmmm  does this mean I've been busy or that I'm boring?

I did get the large Black, Red & White quilt delivered last week.  Love the way it turned out!



The threads that I used are from Wonderfil .



The large spool is Master Quilter in Black.  This is a 40wt, and has absolutely NO lint.... love that!  The smaller spool is DecoBob in Dark Grey.  I decided to use this thread for all the detail work that would show on the white fabric.  My customer wanted black thread through out, but after some discussion  we decided on the dark grey.  I thought the DecoBob would be best because it is 80wt and very fine.  I was afraid the 40wt black would be too over powering on stark white fabric...  I used the black thread in the borders, black & red print, red & black print and the dark half of the log cabin blocks.



Even with using the dark grey thread in the center medallion... the stitching is hard to see in the black fabric, and really hard to get a good pic of!





 You can see all the pix of this quilt in this album.

Also, to all those that comment on my blog, I always love to hear from you!  If you don't hear back from me... it only means that I'm gone.  Gone crazy!

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Kim. Thanks for showing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats just lovely Kim. Loved the threads and the way you have used them. I love watching your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Can I be you when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning quilt, any many hours worth I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!! I always love looking at what you are working on. Bet you had a happy customer...

    ReplyDelete