Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I was having a hard time deciding between a WIP (work in progress) Wednesday or a Wordless Wednesday...  WIP won.

Since I've been working the 2 jobs and not having much time to quilt I decided I needed a hand project that is portable and can be worked on in front of the TV or during lunch time at work.  I've been taking my sock loom with me and working on socks, but I needed a little change.

I use to applique quite a bit, but hadn't done much in several year.  I should say that I haven't done any in about 5 years or so.  At Quilt Harbor the Applique Society has started meeting the 3rd Monday of the month...  this got me itching to stitch.  There's something soothing about doing hand work.  So anyway, I started the center block to Heart Desire


I was able to get the center and most of the red stitched down the other day while our power was out.  The hearts are the only thing that needs to be stitched which I will work on tonight.

I don't think I'm going to do the whole quilt that Esther designed.  Just the center block...  I want to keep it small to give me more of a chance to actually finish it.  I plan on designing an applique border to go around it...  right now just ideas floating around in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Lovely. I know what you mean about handwork. I need to get back to that soon too.

    ReplyDelete