Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ta Done

I did get this quilt done last week, but haven't had time to sit down and post the pics...  My customer picked it up and I believe she was thrilled!



She had used batting as a stabilizer for the applique/embroidered blocks. The blocks have embroidered quilting in the background which is why I decided that I didn't want to take away from that by adding more quilting in those areas so I Stitched in the Ditch with Monoploy around all the applique pieces and in the seam lines.


In the sashings I alternated loops, swirls, and ribbon candy to keep the designs choices simple.  Some of the larger sashings got swirls with a simple feather added...




Feathers, loops, swirls and piano keys in the borders...

All in all I really like the way this came out...  a nice sunny quilt for such a rainy dreary day :-)


2 comments:

  1. Kim, I really would like to know the name of this quilt pattern. You did a great job quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      No, Judy. I don't know the name of the pattern. I will ask my customer...

      Delete