Monday, August 19, 2019

Pie

Yesterday I picked enough berries for two pies..




I always get asked about my pie crust... I use the double crust recipe out of the old Betty Crocker cookbook. The tricky part is adding and working in the water.


Too wet and you have a doughy crust. Too dry you have a hard crust that breaks your teeth. Learning how to get the right amount takes practice. I want my crust to be soft and moist and flaky at the same time....



Perfection!


In case you are curious..it takes me the same amount of time to prepare a second pie while the first one bakes... ding, ding, ding... out comes one pie and one pie goes in!

I normally don't take pie to a potluck... lol! One for the potluck and one for us!


Elvis is in the house... or backyard! Something like that... lol


I'm so glad I only took one pie to the potluck yesterday.  I think it lasted about 5 minutes after I put it on the dessert table! LOL!!!

Yes... I am having pie for breakfast!







No comments:

Post a Comment