Sunday, February 16, 2020

Grandmother's Flower Garden

I've resurrected my Grandmother's Flower Garden that I started in 1991 or 92. It's been aging for a long time!!!


At one point I laid them all out in how I wanted them and pined them to this piece of batting... I have no idea when that was. Maybe around 1996 or 97. The thought of cutting out all the green hexies to make the garden path was a overwhelming idea. LOL It got folded up and put away for later and that's where it's been every since!

I good friend of mine pulled her project out and shared pictures of what she was doing. It made me get mine out to work on also!

This has been folded up and in storage for so long the blocks are full of dust and what have ya! Makes my face burn and itch!!! I decided to soak the blocks one row at a time so I don't get them mixed up...


It's amazing how dirty the soak water is!!!

Do you have any idea how many green hexagons I need? A lot!!! If I figured right I need 564!!!


I'm marking and cutting only a row or two at a time... as not to get overwhelmed by the task!

 

I'm taking lot of pictures as I take my blocks off the batting to soak so I can remember how to lay them back out!


One row done... and starting on the second!

 


This is going to take awhile!!!  LOL These are hand pieced. Not English Paper Pieced...

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Did you consider no green? Just put them together as they are? My grandma did hers that way in the 50s. Either way you go this is a project with a wonderful end!

    Maggie H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      No... I didn't consider no green. Green is one of my favorite colors so I really wanted it in there. LOL

      Delete
  2. ...but what a stunner this quilt will be! I love the green...it's a perfect choice for the "path" around the flowers....

    ReplyDelete