Sunday, January 24, 2021

Monsters, Rockets, Whale Quilt

 

One of the ladies (and good friend) in my applique group was requested to make a quilt for her husband that had monsters, rockets and a whale...  LOL! Crazy combination! This is what she came up with...

Quilting is all freehand with Perma Core thread on top with Bottom Line in the bobbin.  She supplied the batting... not sure what it is. 


 This quilt did have some fullness issues... The use of "refrigerator coils" (back and forth lines) in the yellow border laid it down flat with no puckers! 

 
 To get the outer space to lay down I did what I call swoops and swirls.... my version of mctavishing. Plus I used Monopoly to quilt the moons craters.
 

 
 
 My customer and her husband also snowboard... so we have a furry monster snowboarding on Mt Rainer...  LOL!!! 
 
 
 She picked it up yesterday... her husband loves it! LOL 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment