Friday, January 15, 2021

Quilty Clothes

Seeing all the pieced and quilted clothing that is in style on Pinterest got me wondering if that means I can wear my old jumpers from the 90's???? I know there's a few of my friends that took this class from me. Do you still have your jumpers??? LOL

This was an original design. We even self published a pattern for it. I taught countless classes on making these jumpers. There were 3 or 4 different block designs to choose from with different border options for the sides of the block and the hem. I thought I was so clever! Hahahaha!

Also... there are 40 1x2" flying geese in that hem!



2 comments:

  1. You look very on trend in that amazing dress!!! Amazing how things keep coming back around. I came to quilting from sewing and this past year have really gotten back into sewing clothes again. Recently I saw a quilted coat and now making a quilted coat is on my list of things to make this year. My only quilted garment ever was a vest back in the early 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My husband just shook his head and walked out the room when he saw me trying on my jumper. He thinks I lost my mind! LOL!!! I have probably about 1/2 dozen pieced vest that I made during the 90's... LOL I taught quilt classes and always tried to wear something quilty...

      Delete