Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WIP Wednesday

Yesterday I decided to quilt something for myself. I have quite a few quilt tops of my own that need to be quilted, but I never seem to take the time to do them.

This is a little 9 block Stack-n-Whack quilt using chili pepper fabric. (I love all things chili pepper....) I thought it would take me a couple hours to quilt it, but NO!!! After a rough start with tension issues and shredding thread, I figured out the problem. The black fabric I used is a little heavier and has a shine to it... so since it was my own, I sprayed the quilt top with silicone. Voila!!! No more problems!

Of coarse... I JUST LEAFED IT with Superior Rainbow thread Salsa







I still need to take out the first border I did in the yellow... the tension was way to loose. I was using Rainbow thread on the last quilt and really had to loosen up the tension for it. I tightened the top tension by 2 full turns when I started, but that wasn't enough....

I also picked out and iron some fabric for a Diapering 9-patch that I want to do with batiks....



I hope I have enough!!!

3 comments:

  1. Kim, I LOVE what you plan to use for the D9P!!! Keep us posted on that! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to get busy on my my OBW. Every one is so different. I love the salsa quilting .

    ReplyDelete