Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No WIP Wednesday today....

No Work In Progress.... Just a finished quilt!

I finished this quilt on Monday.... I love it!!!

What took so long was deciding how many flowers were enough or too much... I spent most of the weekend S&S (standing and staring)

Is this enough?


Or is this too much?


In the end I decided on the first choice...






Threads used... I first quilted the flowers with King Tut #914 Ramses Red, then I added the centers with So Fine #420 Daffodil. The leaves were done with Highlights #720 Bright Olive. The background fill, CC, and piano keys in the print border were done with So Fine #431 Navy.

I had bought a bunch of Highlights when it first came out several years ago when I add my old Gammill. I never used it because I thought it would be too fussy after trying to use Rainbows on that machine. (which I could do with a bunch of fuss, but was a pain in the butt) Since I can run any thread on my A-1 without difficulty I decided to try the Highlights.... I really, really like this thread... I LOVE my A-1!!!

And lastly... What do you do when it's too hot?


Walk in the creek... that's what!
It was 95 here yesterday and suppose to be in the 90's again today. That is way more heat than what we are use to here near the coast. I'm melting....

5 comments:

  1. I would never have thought to put flowers on that quilt. You did an awesome job! I like to see quilts that present a level of surprise, and you most certainly nailed it with this quilt!

    I tried every brand of machine at the Long Beach Show, just to see what's new on the market, and I am so glad that I have an A-1! Smooth as buttah!

    I want to jump in the creek with the dogs. ahhhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your customer must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers....and the swirly back fill is fantastic. You are so talented..and fortunate, you have my dream machine. I am counting down the days..till my Gammil is fully paid for...then maybe my dreams of having the a1 will come true. Every time I deposit a customer check... I think I am getting a bit closer to that machine. You do free hand dont' you? Fabulous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, batgirl!!! Wowzer, zowzer!!!

    I LOVE what you did with this. You're the man! Oops, I mean, WOMAN! Woot!

    ReplyDelete