Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WIP Wednesday 8/12/09

I can't believe I missed a whole week... Well, yes I can. Don't ask me what I did last week because it wasn't really much, or at least nothing particular stands out in my mind. OH, OH... I did do a small baby quilt for a customer. The only pix I got are close ups of the quilting. I did a freehand edge to edge heart pattern. It's not really a pattern I've seen anywhere but I did take inspiration from a design in No Boundaries by Nicole Webb & Jamie Wallen. (this book is now out of print as far as I know)



I've gotten most of my Lightening Strikes Twice from Scrap Therapy pieced together. I just need to add the final border then quilt it... I picked out a yummy plum batik for the border. It was quite dark next to the green so I added the small 3/4" orange border to add a bright splash of color. I can't wait to start quilting this one!



Yesterday I decided that I needed a new blue necklace. I had this art glass bead that a good friend of mine gave me a couple years ago, but had never done anything with. It has the perfect blue & green colors I wanted all swirling together. I got out my beads and start stringing. I was just about done with the very last string of mixed seed beads when I dropped the wire and beads went every where... grrr I patiently reworked that whole side and started to string the wires into the crimp bead when I did it again! GRRR!!! One should know when to give up and start fresh the next day...but NO! I don't know that! I did get it done and am really pleased with it.



It did end up a little short... you can see where I added just a bit to it at one side of the clasp. I was noway going to take it apart and start over!



I don't know why I showed that pic. Oh well...



Yep.. that's better! LOL!!!

If you are into quilts and like to do puzzles, check out Sue's blog. I really enjoy doing her puzzles every week.

3 comments:

  1. The quilts look great Kim and I love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy lady! I love the necklace, and I got a few giggles out of your beading notes on Facebook. Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete