Monday, March 1, 2010

New Tool

I just had to have this new tool... new to me anyway.  It's Deloa Jone's 12" Boomerang.  It designed for quilting curved cross hatching.  What I really like about it, is the curve of the arc is the same on both sides... meaning you can use either side and get the same curve!  Love it!!!  It also has 1/4" markings for easy placement.  Deloa has a free instructional video on her website...  check it out!

I used my boonerang today for the curved cross hatching that I am doing on my customer's quilt, Butterfly Kisses.

Another sneak peek at more of the quilting...

 

I'm having a lot of fun with this quilt!!!

6 comments:

  1. ooh that is a neat little tool-results look cool, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous Kim!

    I have the large boomarang from DeLoa...it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!! Just what I needed was another item on my wish list!!
    Been thinking I needed an arch of some sort--The quilt looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably need one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    I am just considering getting one of these - which size did you buy, or did you get more than one?
    I do love the result!
    Cheers,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat tool, I love that it has the same curve on both sides. I have a DWR ruler and its different on the outside and the inside. Drives me nuts. Love your work by the way!

    ReplyDelete