Monday, January 31, 2011

Back on the machine...

I had to take the large Stack-n-Whack star quilt off the machine.... I had a couple ladies come to my studio for a 2 day workshop.  We had so much fun talking design and then putting it to use!  I only hope that I didn't overload their brains with too much info at once.  I tried to cram a lot of concepts into those 2 days :-)

Also while I've been silent, my computer crashed and burned.  I was so afraid that I lost everything that hadn't been backed up on to a separate hard drive, but all was saved...  wwwoooo hooooo!

So anyway, this is back on the machine.  I love the way it's turning out!!!




My customer and I had chosen leaves for the quilting in the open areas, but not exactly how they were going to fit.  It's kind of a odd shape, but one I out lined the stars it made it much more manageable.



Only have a few more rows to go....

More on my Soft & Bright review...  after my last post I decide that Willie and I should give it the nap test.  We snuggled up on the couch with my sampler quilt which kept us warm and cozy for a little afternoon snooze :-)

7 comments:

  1. THat looks lovely Kim - I think I need to get you 'just Leaf it' book! I have been wondering where you were :) Its nice to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do always love your leaves!
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilting! The leaves look just perfect in that design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I like what you are doing with this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stupid small key board, I meant ! Not ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is fabulous, Kim! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, that quilt looks wonderful. Your quilting really finishes it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete