Monday, March 7, 2011

What I'm working on....

At Innovations Machine Quilter's Confrence last September I was asked by Donna from WonderFil Threads to make a quilt using their Spagetti 12wt cotton thread.  So last week this is what I came up with....

Will it go Round in Circles?


I still have quite a bit of the background quilting to do....


For the background fill I'm using InvisFil 100wt poly thread.  I'm in total love with this thread!  For how fine it is it runs like a dream in my A-1 Quilting Machine!!!!  No breaks, no skipping....  makes me very happy!!!

Right now I have a customer's quilt that I need to get done, so I'm hoping to get back to 'Circles' later this week....

8 comments:

  1. I love what you're doing with this quilt! I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to again see what you are doing. I love that thread... I look forward to seeing more. 12wt cotton thread - thats thick isnt it - or maybe its just me!. What size needle did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I also meant to say is the quilting with the 12wt cotton thread is fantastic and I really love it. Your designs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This work is simply stunning - will I ever be able to achieve something like this - here's hoping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! Your quilting is beautiful and I love the circles. The heavier threads really show off here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning quilting design Kim. It has a real Japanese look to it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete