Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jelly Roll Quilt (or the 1600 quilt)

A couple weeks ago Shannon over at pieceful kwilter shared this fast and fun quilt idea.  It's called the 1600 Quilt or Jelly Roll races...

So I decided I had to make one, but I didn't use a Jelly Roll.  At first I thought I would use scrap 2.5" strips that I already have, but once I started going through them I noticed I was pulling out a controlled color pallet.  I went to another box of fabric and pull out a few more fabrics and cut more strips....



What took the longest was sewing all those strips together.  Some of my strips were the full 40+" and some were cut from fat quaters.  When I do it again I will either use all half strips or all full strips....  but I am really really happy with the way it turned out!

Before borders...


Now to find time to quilt it....






This should look really good in out Streamline trailer with it's Harvest Gold carpet and appliances, but it does look good in the master bedroom too....  we'll have to see where it will find it's home!


5 comments:

  1. i like it! isn't it a fun (and quick) little quilt to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats lovely Kim - very colourful - look forward to seeing what you quilt on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it..You have inspired me yet again... I just cut a lot of scrap 2.5 inch strips... '

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the post from Shannon too. I have my bali pop and fabric for border, just waiting for a day to get together with a quilting friend and we're both going to sew one up!
    Love how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete