Thursday, June 23, 2011

A few more blocks done...

I'm really close to being done with this quilt.  It's been really fun coming up with a different design for each block, but that is also the most time consuming part...  So far I've only had one block that had more than ONE stop and start!  That's the fun in it for me... to see if I can do each block differently and continuously at the same time.

What I like most with these blocks is that they look way more complicated than they are...

 








This one took 2, yes 2... stops and starts...  I just couldn't get the small half square triangles all going the direction that I wanted any other way!

And I just like this angle...







One more row of blocks to do, hopefully tonight after work, and then all that's left is finishing the borders.

7 comments:

  1. I really like how you did the sashing. Have you got your replacement extender base yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Kim - a really lovely work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting is great. Love the peek at the backing fabric. Perfect for that top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that sew N sew can quilt! Love what you did in the sashings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the quilting that you're doing here, both on the blocks and in the sashing :)

    ReplyDelete