Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Heavy Metal

I thought I would share the stitching path for the border design that I came up with for this latest quilt.  I'm calling it Heavy Metal....  Once drawn, to me, it looks like a rod iron design...


First your going to give your self some registration lines for design placement...  I used my Chaco Liner from Clover.

2...  start stitching the swirl design from left to right.

3.... stitch back to the beginning.

4... now stitch up and over from left to right.

5...  stitch back to the beginning to complete the design.
There you have it... Heavy Metal!

6 comments:

  1. definitely like beautiful wrought iron fencing of days gone by. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. It really creates a very beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design - love the way you have worked it out. Thank you so much for sharing. OK if I keep a copy of it all? maybe you are doing a video of it ? Always and ever hopeful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty design. It really helps to see it in steps and also see it quilted in the border. Heavy Metal is a terrific name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design! Thanks for showing how to do it. You're a gem!!

    ReplyDelete