Saturday, June 18, 2011

Today on the machine....

I could just cry... yep!  Cry!  I broke my base....  :-(



So... so much of what I had planned to do on this quilt I can't.  The one good thing is I can still SID (stitch in the ditch) without my base.  That's if I go really, really slow....

The second good thing about no base is.....  I 'm making things up as I go!  Where I would normally do piano keys... I came up with this!




I was going to cross hatch the sashing, but I really, really like this better!


And I'm just having too much fun with the blocks...


So in the mean time...  I have a new base on the way, but for now I will just make things up as I go!


7 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing (without the base).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what the base is, but I'm with Desley - I love what you've got happening here! The sashing design is wonderful and all the making it up as you go is turning out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this design much better then cross hatching. It is more interesting..... Look how creative your are without your base.... maybe that happen for a reason...lololo

    Love your work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some great lemonade there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should just ditch the base!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't look like you miss your base or need it! :-) Love what you quilted instead!! Looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim - it looks fantastic! I am not sure what the base is, but what you are quilting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete