Friday, November 11, 2011

I've been a bad, bad bloger!!!

I know, I know....  no excuses!

So much has happened in the last month or so that I don't know where to begin.  So I guess I'll start at the beginning...

A couple days after my last post, my car was stolen!!!  I work part time at the mall here in town for one of the large retailers.  So anyway, my customer and piecer of the quilt shown in my last post was meeting me during my lunch to pick up here quilt.  I walked out to my car with her and while I was getting her quilt out of my trunk I must of dropped my keys.  When I realized I didn't have my key... we both looked all around my car and hers.  I walked back in forth from the store several times looking for them.  I finally decided I must of dropped them in my trunk and called Dan to bring me another set...  When Dan got there...  my car was gone!

Most normal people when they find a set of keys in a parking lot...  they turn them in at the store.  Not the punks who found mine.  They took my car!

Ten days later the police found my car....  you would think this would make me happy...  but they trashed it!  The convertible top is ripped!  The passenger side mirror is broke and hanging!  There is just too much damage to list...

Now dealing with the insurance company was almost as bad as having tooth pulled, but we finally settled.

I just feel violated....   by the punks who took my car and by the insurance company!  This whole experience just took the wind out of me.

Mean while I have gotten a few quilts done...  :-)




And this quilt...





That's enough for now....  I'll share more of what I've been doing next time :-)






8 comments:

  1. Oh that is just terrible and the only thing worse perhaps is having to deal with insurance companies.
    Your quilting is just as stunning as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so horrible. Too bad we live in a society where people believe they need to steal from others. Your quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had noticed you had been quiet Kim - it is good to see you're back. Sorry to hear about your car, and it is a double shame that you also had trouble with the insurance. I think that is worse than the car getting stolen in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... the good thing is they didn't steal the quilt right? So sorry to hear about your car. Glad to see your beautiful quilts and so glad to see you blogging again. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your car but glad to see that you recovered through quilting therapy. I always love your quilting but I really love the Asian one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. We have a friend that works at our mall and she went out after work one night and found her car windows completely smashed. Who can understand why anyone would do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's horrible - I feel bad for you.

    We had the same thing happen, Keith's car was stolen and they trashed it. The insurance company paid to repair it but it was nowhere near the condition it had been in and we just didn't win that battle with the insurance company. We ended up selling it because I couldn't stand to be in it.

    However, your quilting is lovely as always. The flowers on the Asian quilt are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, Its so lovely to see you blogging again...but what a dreadful thing to have happened to your car. and what a nasty time you have bee3n through. I can see you have been busy. I have missed you :)

    ReplyDelete