Monday, August 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday

With all the excitement of going to the Antique Roadshow last week I didn't get much sewing done...  I did manage to piece my Rose of Sharon blocks together.  This is going to be an asymmetrical wall hanging...






I had planned on using the medium pink where the solid turquoise fabric is but I didn't have enough, and somebody bought the rest of the bolt at Quilt Harbor!  I tried several other pinks, but they all seemed to bright so I settled on the turquoise.  Not sure if I'm really liking it or not.  Will have to see once the border is ready to go on how I feel about it then.

This project has been a intermediate to advance class that I've been teaching at Quilt Harbor.  We are now working on our borders....


This has been a learning experience for me as well as my students with designing the applique border...


One of my students is already done with hers!!!  I'm so far behind and I'm the teacher :-0

No comments:

Post a Comment