Monday, January 1, 2018

Couching

About 2, maybe 3, years ago A1 Quilting Machines came out with an accessory foot kit that includes different couching feet. I've played with them several times and have demoed how to use them at quilt show but had not made anything with couching.  I decided to try to make a couple cosmetic bags that were couched.  This was just a couple weeks before Christmas so I thought they would make great gifts!!!

First I marked an outline of the bag. I didn't think I wanted the bulk of the yarn in the seam so I marked a 1/2" seam allowance.  Once that was done I load my machine with fabric and started playing!


I have a huge stash of sock yarn...  self striping sock yarn.  I found it fascinating to watch how the colors change. Anyway, this is a great way for me to use up some of the yarn I've been hoarding!!!   LOL



The back comes out a little messy, but the bags are lined so no one will see it...


And just like that my first bag was done!!!


Then 2 more....


Before I knew it I had a whole heard of them...


No comments:

Post a Comment