Friday, June 14, 2019

Travel Day

Yesterday was a travel day. I decided to play tourist on my way home and made a few stops.  Heading down the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area... views of my youth! Maryhill Museum.


 The Columbia... looking down to Wishram and in the distance is Mt Hood.

  
Looking back up river towards the Deschutes River on the Oregon side.

At the next scenic pull out looking up river towards Lyle. There were a few wind surfers out there but you can't really see them in this pictures.

Looking down river... I don't know if you can see the gradual change in vegetation. The further west I go the more trees there are.

It was a windy bluster day that brings out the wind surfers!!!

My last stop was at Bonneville Dam... lots of water coming through there! 

I love that this part of the Columbia River is protected as a National Scenic Area. What this means is any new construction has to blend with the scenery. Also, there are no wind mills!!! When traveling east it's easy to tell when you are about to leave the protected area. There are wind mills as far as you can see.







No comments:

Post a Comment