Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Block of the Month

I belong to the Washington Stars quilt guilt in Olympia, WA... Last year, or this year, I volunteered to design the Mystery Quilt for the guild. You can see my post about it here. I think it went pretty well... At the last meeting there were about 12 people with finished quilts or quilt tops. I'm happy that many people joined in the fun!

Anyway, somehow I was volunteered to design next years 20th Anniversary block of the month... oh holy moly! LOL!!! Guidelines I was given... Had to contain the Martha Washington Star block from our logo. Also, 20 stars for our 20th Anniversary! LOL

After a few days on the computer I came up with a plan that the committee all agreed on. So this last weekend myself and two others did a mini-retreat out at Ocean Shores to work on our blocks. We would like at least one of our quilt tops to be done for the November meetings reveal. Yes, since this is not a mystery we are showing the quilt top to get people to participate...

Here is my weekends progress... different colors for me, but I'm really liking it!

It's going to be a medallion style setting, so we stared with the center. This is 3 months of blocks put together to make one large star.


Each month will have 4 or 8 or even 16 multiples of one block... I believe there are 16 of this one... LOL!


Four Friendship stars...


These Piano Key blocks will make up part of the pieced border...


Yep... I'm really liking this!

We did walk to the beach in the rain... can't go to the ocean without walking on the beach!






No comments:

Post a Comment