Monday, April 27, 2009

Babysitting....

This week we are babysitting our cousin Dave's dogs, Red & Chance. Red is a pound puppy. Not really sure what mix he is... Golden plus is what we call him. Once we thought maybe he had some Great Pyrenees, but his heads to little.



Chance is a Golden. He was found half starved and frozen wandering in the forest at Deer Lake in Eastern WA by Dave's Grandma. Dave drove over the pass in the middle of winter to go rescue this dog. He got the name Chance... cause he has gotten another chance in life with a great person to take care of him. He's a little skittish and wont let you out of his site. Right now he is wedged under the desk with no room left for my legs...



Waco gets along fine with them.... He doesn't really like when they hover over the top of him. I tried to get a pic of all 3 together.... that was like a 3 ring circus! Maybe later today when I take them to the creek.

Yesterday Chance found a tennis ball... was carrying it everywhere. When we went down to the creek he dropped it to get a drink. Oh no...panic. It was going down river and through the culvert, and being skittish Chance wouldn't go after it. By the time he got out of the creek and to the other side of the culvert it was gone!

All 3 dogs had to get in the creek. Red even went in the deep part and was swimming around. Yea... 3 wet and muddy dogs!

I haven't got much quilting done since being back from MQX... which was wonderful! The best part of any of the big shows like this is meeting up with my on-line friends. I'm not going to try to mention everyone, cause I'm afraid I'll leave someone out.

While waiting for my plane in Atlanta... I here someone calling my name. It was no other than Michelle Wyman! We were able to sit together and visit on the plane.

I finally met Gayle McKay in person. I must say she is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever had the pleasure to meet!

Sorry no pix of the trip. I forgot my camera...

Not much quilting going on. I have to shut the door to my studio because these 2 large harry beast leave hair every where!!! If my door is shut Chance sits on the other side whining, then I can't concentrate... I guess we'll all go outside for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Give 'em all a hug from me! You included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, they look like lovely dogs.
    It's good of you to "dog-sit" for your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky, meeting Michelle and Gayle! I met Gayle several years ago in Houston, and you are right, she's lovely. And Michelle is such a wonderful quilter! I guess I'll have to schedule a trip to MQX next year.

    ReplyDelete