Sunday, March 8, 2009

IT'S SNOWING.....

I can't believe it's snowing... I'm so tired of being cold. I know a lot of you have much more snow than we do and that it stays around for months, but there is a reason why I live west of the mountains. I'm not a huge fan of snow. Yeah... it's kinda a cool to get snow at Christmas, but not in March.





And on the subject of quilting... I didn't get that quilt done on Thursday, due to the fact that I got called into work for a sick coworker. I did get all the sashing done and started on the setting triangles. Should be done today!!!





A few words about Tyler's boat. I will be adding pix of the progress of the restoration process, but since Tyler lives 2 hours away it will be a slow process. But well worth it! He is so excited that he told his Mom that he wants to cancel his snow boarding trip for spring break to come work on the boat.... He's picked out a color scheme already. Blue & white, should look good!

This boat is in a little rougher condition than I first thought. They will need everything... I mean everything! So this will mean going to swap meets to find things like a steering column, cleats, and hardware. They will make the seats themselves.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awfully pretty quilt, Kim!

    Our snow is all gone, but this is Michigan. I don't think it is over yet...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you quilted this one. I am green with envy over your perfectly even ribbon candy whatchamacallit sashing treatment!

    ReplyDelete