Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Migraines and work... don't leave a lot of time to quilt!

It looks like I've been missing in action for a while...  Between my spring MIGRAINES and that thing called work... I haven't had time to do much else.  I usually can control the migraines with my diet, but that's just not working this year.  I don't eat cheese, chocolate or drink red wine.  I avoid MSG and soy products...  I've had my head scanned... they didn't find much in there!  Anyway, I'm hoping I'm over them for awhile!
I did get the Butterfly Kisses quilt done :-)  I hope you are ready for lots of pix....


A closer look at the center...

And a couple blocks...



And a few of the back...


On the top I used 4 different Superior King Tut threads and 3 different Bottom Line threads on the back.  I'm not sure if I like the top or the back the best...mmmm BOTH!!!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did quilting it.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kim that is stunning! Really stunning:) I keep finding cool stuff each time I look. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing quilting! You've done a wonderful job. I have just ordered one of the curved cross-hatching rulers - did you just order one size or do you have more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh MAJOR drooling here! That is fantastic. Is that all the pictures, aaawww.

    I feel your migraine pain-I get them too especially spring/fall time of year. I avoid certain foods, but mine seem more linked to low pressure weather systems---but not every one that moves through. Whatever the trigger, they are the worst.
    Not to beat this to death, but did you ever notice the quazi-sympathy when you tell someone (who doesn't get migraines) why you couldn't get out of bed for 2 days, cuz you'd really rather be dead than all the pain, nausea, pain, pain etc? or you yell at family "oh god, turn off that light!" and there aren't any on...

    Like: oh that's terrible, I get bad headaches too sometimes.....

    My mom had an eye exam about a month ago and they had to shine a super bright light at her one eye...it triggered a migraine, she had never had one. She almost went to the emergency room, thought she was dying. When her doctor told her it was a migraine, she called me and said, I had no idea, I can't believe you get them all the time...
    yup, sucks big time.
    (Thank you Kim for the therapy time on your blog, where can I send my co-pay too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!!

    Sorry bout the migraine..they are indeed the pits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous quilting!!

    I am very lucky that I haven't had a migraine since last September when I gave up wheat. I thought I was giving up wheat to solve another problem - it turned out that it was causing a LOT of issues, one was migraines almost weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This inspires me!!!! someday soon I will be in touch to set a time to get together!! BeAuTiFuL WoRk!!
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kim, and thank you for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your migraines. They suck. I know first hand, fortunately for me mine are mostly ocular with out the pain part but once in awhile zowie.

    Beautiful quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, the quilt is wonderful,and your quilting is magnificent! Sorry to read about the migraines. I've been fortunate not to get them, only the occasional headache, but a friend suffers from them terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy moly! Gorgeous work! Your blog is a treat for the eyes!

    Christine Olson

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete